CHOC-BROWNIE CAKE POPS
What better way to treat yourself than with these delicious chocolate brownie cake pops! They’re the perfect addition to your festive table, whatever the occasion… and did I mention they can be made in advance, so there’s plenty of time to whip some up! Additionally they also make great gifts and are equally delicious to young and old.
Cook 15 minutes
1 Orgran Chocolate Brownie Mix 400g (see recipe on pack for additional ingredients)
1-2 packets lactose-free/dairy-free dark chocolate (I like Lindt 70%)
24 lollipop sticks
1/2 cup desicated coconut
24 party favour bags
JAFFA-FUSION: If you’re like me there’s nothing better than flavour-infused choccy! Why not try adding 1-2 drops wild orange essential oil to your dipping chocolate for a delicious jaffa shell?
- Make Orgran Chocolate Brownies according to the recipe on pack ensuring that you under-cook them slightly so they’re still a little gooey. I like to add the optional melted chocolate for extra decadence!
- Allow brownie slice to cool to room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator or freezer to chill.
- Using your hands, crumb the brownie into a large bowl then roll into small balls about the size of a 20c piece. Place rolled brownie balls onto a clean plate.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave, using short 30 second bursts and mixing between each cycle, to avoid burning. I recommend using a small glass that is wide enough to fit your cake pops for easy dipping later on. Continue until chocolate is melted.
- Dip one end of the lollipop stick into the chocolate (approx. 10mm) and insert into brownie ball until you can just feel the pressure of the stick on the opposite side. Repeat for remaining balls then place in the fridge to set.
- Remove pops from fridge once set and re-melt the chocolate in the glass to soften if it has become too thick. It’s important to ensure the pops are cool when removed from fridge as this helps the outer layer of chocolate set.
- Dip each pop into the melted chocolate ensuring the entire ball is covered and allow excess to drain before standing to set or decorating. Repeat for each pop.
Coconut – dip each pop into the melted chocolate ensuring the entire ball is covered and allow excess to drain before rolling in coconut. Stand to set before packaging.
Hazelnut – dip each pop into the melted chocolate ensuring the entire ball is covered and allow excess to drain before placing into stand. Dip base of hazelnut into chocolate and place on top of the pop, then use the back of a spoon to place a small spot of chocolate on top of the nut and sprinkle with a pinch of coconut. Stand to set before packaging. Note – this decoration technique is time dependant, you’ll need to be quick with each pop before they set.
- Package using favour bags and ribbon of your choice.
If you’re short on time, pop the cake pops into the freezer once you’ve inserted the lollipop sticks, this will make the melted chocolate set faster so you can get dipping sooner!